Why Choose Us
First and foremost, we come to you!
There is no travel necessary for the patient. Our on-site as needed services are tailor-made for those that are unable to conveniently travel to and access a traditional denture clinic. Our service is ideal for those that are residents in nursing homes, retirement homes, hospitals, and private residences.
Our on-site service is on an “as needed” basis.
This means that when we get an approval to see a resident in a facility, we can schedule to see that resident usually within a few days, and often within the same day (depending on circumstances). There is no need to wait for a special pre-set clinic day at the facility which could be months away. Ensuring that denture related issues are dealt with in a prompt and timely manner is one of our fundamental objectives.
We have over 20 years of experience in on-site denture service. This typically involves dealing with patients that have varying degrees of Alzheimer’s and other dementia’s, which can translate into varying levels of patient cooperation. Despite these challenges, we are successful in carrying out proposed treatment a vast majority of time.
We partner with other on-site dental health professionals.
When one of our patients is in need of other dental work, a referral to one of our network of on-site dentists/hygienists can be made. That individual can be scheduled to see the patient in the same on-site, as needed manor as our denture services.
If you are a facility administrator or director and would like more information on how we can partner and help your residents, or if you would like a denturist to visit, please contact us. We are here to help.
If you are a caregiver or power of attorney for a resident in a facility and would like the denturist to visit, contact us today.
When any of your residents require denture related treatment, you can count on our team of experts at Direct Denture Services to be there for them, literally. We bring our services ‘directly’ to your facility in the most timely and professional manner.
Below are some of the benefits your facility will experience:
- Strong Healthcare Image : When families are selecting a facility for their loved ones, being partnered with Direct Denture Services will create a strong healthcare image. Families value your commitment to going above and beyond to promoting resident health.
- No Cost To Facility : Your facility will not incur any additional expenses or workload. Direct Denture Services provides all necessary equipment and we oversee all of our own administration. This includes scheduling appointments and direct billing to the patient, family, or power of attorney.
- Reduced Facility Administrative Work : We come to you. This eliminates the time and frustration of arranging multiple off-site appointments to a traditional denture clinic.
- No Interference with Facility Schedule/Routine : We will work around the facility/resident schedules to ensure that routines are not disrupted.
- Staff Education : Direct Denture Services offers valuable in-services to your staff regarding denture care and how to identify denture related problems.
- Urgent Care Response : We will respond to a report of an “urgent care required” to the facility within 24 hours. Depending on circumstances, an appointment may be made as early as the same day. No need to wait for a scheduled clinic day that may be months away.
Let’s start the discussion. We will be happy to answer any of your questions. Contact us today!
How It Works
For residents in nursing homes, retirement homes, hospitals, etc.:
- Facility staff, power of attorney (POA), or resident (if self-consenting) sends a referral to our office by phone, fax, or e-mail, containing the resident’s name, facility name, POA name and contact information, and some basic information as to the nature of the denture concern.
- Direct Denture Services will contact the POA or resident (if self-consenting) to discuss the nature of the denture concern, relevant dental history, fees for consultation or treatment (depending on circumstances) and obtain informed consent. The initial appointment will also be scheduled as promptly as possible, usually within 1-5 business days. The facility is also notified of the appointment.
- A licensed denturist (denture specialist) will meet with the resident at the facility, typically in the comfort of their own room. The denturist will perform a thorough examination and contact the POA to discuss treatment options and obtain informed consent, or if consent to treatment was already given, the necessary procedures will be carried out.
- If several appointments are necessary to complete the treatment program, the POA and the facility will be notified prior to each visit and be informed of progress.
- All billing and paperwork will be handled between Direct Denture Services and the POA or resident (if self-consenting), NOT through the facility.
- Upon completion of the treatment program, the resident, POA, and the relevant staff will be given post care instructions for the resident’s dentures, information on what common potential issues to monitor for, and to contact our office if an issue is suspected.
- If an adjustment appointment is necessary, it will be done at NO ADDITIONAL COST for up to 3 months (in most cases).
Denture Loss Insurance
Have any of your residents lost their dentures while in your facility? Denture loss is a very common problem in facilities such as long-term care and hospitals. As a value-added service, when Direct Denture Services makes new dentures for a resident, we will also offer insurance to cover against loss of those dentures. For an added fee, if the new dentures are lost within a certain time period, we will replace them. We recognize that new dentures are a significant expense and that having this protection offers great peace of mind to patients, their family members, and facility staff. This type of service may be the first of its kind!
To find out more information about this service, please contact us!